The holidays are a busy time for everyone, and if you’re a business owner, you may find yourself busier than most. Unfortunately, your business doesn’t come to a halt just because you want to fill up on eggnog and cookies. There will still be orders to fill, clients to please, presentations to give, and business trips to attend, plus, everyone’s vacation schedules to juggle, a holiday office party to throw, client and vendor holiday cards to send…the list goes on and on.
All that running around can run you down. As your professional franchise coach, we feel it is not only our job to understand your business goals but to take care of your other needs as well. That way, you can keep your business search in tip-top shape while staying healthy enough to get through the holidays — and enjoy them.
Follow these ten tips to get through the holidays a healthier, happier you!
1. Wash your hands. This might seem like a no-brainer, but just because you haven’t recently visited the restroom doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wash. According to the CDC, you should also wash your hands before eating; before, during, and after food prep; before and after caring for someone who is sick or treating a cut or wound; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; after changing diapers; after touching an animal; and after handling garbage. Ew, right?But it helps!
2. Eat slowly. Remember, it takes your brain 20 minutes to realize it’s full. By then, you could have made two whole trips to the dessert buffet. Your waistline will thank you later.
3. Eat a rainbow. Every color of vegetable and fruit provides a different — and essential — vitamin, mineral, or other nutrient that your body needs to function at its best.
4. Delegate. While you may be able to do everything yourself, why should you? Ask others to help lighten your load at work or at home to help keep stress at bay.
5. Stay physically active. It’s easy to let that gym membership slip during the holidays, but that’s when you need it the most. Exercise is a great health booster, stress reducer, and calorie burner.
6. Limit alcohol. That might be easier said than done, especially with all the parties and get-togethers seemingly every night of the week. Drinking too much, too often, can make you overeat, sleep poorly, miss important events, and cause you to do (or say) things you wouldn’t otherwise.
7. Practice food safety. This includes not only following the kitchen rules for handling food, but also watching what you eat. Just because you arrive late and hungry to a party doesn’t mean that you should trust the shrimp cocktail.
8. Spend time with loved ones. Try to set aside time to be with the ones you love. Some ideas would be having a family game night, going to the park, spending lunch with a friend, or meeting a family member for a coffee break. Socializing keeps your brain healthy and your heart happy.
9. Meditate. Another way to de-stress and boost your brain power is to meditate. Just 10 minutes a day of quiet, inner focus can help reduce cortisol levels in your body and improve your focus. Try an app if you’re not sure how to start.
10. Drink water. Staying hydrated is important as your body needs water to function properly, and it can also help you keep from overeating, overdrinking, and over-stressing around the holidays.
By following these tips, you’ll make it through the holidays one healthy, happy business owner. From Franchise Business Source, we wish everyone a safe, healthy, happy holiday season!
Site Design: Web Strategy Plus